Thursday, December 11, 2008

Holy Crap it's snowing!

So, did it snow where you live?  

Tuesday it snowed 3" in Ark City, I am so not prepared for the frigid winter.  Flashback- One year ago was THE ICE STORM, I feel like I'm still not 100% recovered.  I have really bittersweet feelings toward this weather, because I can't drive for s**t in the ice.  Tripp and I both suffered major cabin fever, because Jesse was at work and we were stuck in the house.  Not that we are always out and about when Jesse's at work, but the fact that we couldn't go anywhere if we wanted to was killing me.  On the other hand, when it snows I get that same feeling from my childhood when we would get up and pray for "Berryhill Schools," to  go across the school closings crawl.  I still watch for the school closings, I think because there are kids eating cereal watching TV hoping that their school would be next.  You know, it never failed when I would be watching the school closing that I would come in right about the time they would show "Bixby, Broken Arrow, Cascia Hall, Cushing. . ." and since it is in alphabetical order I would have to watch every other school in the state before coming back around to "Berryhill."

Tripp was really curious about the snow, he wanted to go outside in it, but didn't care for it on his boots (as you can see in the video).

1 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! We, here in Austin, TX got a little wintery mix on Tuesday night! The funny part was at noon it was about 78 degrees, by 7pm it was 33 degrees and we got some sleet and a few flakes of the white stuff!! Only in Texas does this happen!